Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Welcome 2010!! God has been speaking to me recently about "remembering." I am even doing a series of messages beginning Sunday night on this theme (see here).

As I begin this new year, I want to remember a few things:

1. I want to remember that God is always aware of me, my circumstances and all that involves my life. Deuteronomy 11:12 "The eyes of the Lord your God are always on the land, from the beginning of the year to the end of the year."

2. I want to remember that God never changes. I am changing and life is changing; but God never does.

3. I want to remember that God has forgotten my sins and that they are under His blood. This is so hard because of a mind that permits me to remember the bad easier than the good and Satan that "buffets" that; but I need to remember that God has chosen "not to remember" my sins against me anymore. Isaiah 43:25 "I will not remember your sins." Jeremiah 31:34

4. I want to remember that I have forgotten wrongs done to me. Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross. One day, someone asked her about an especially cruel thing done to her years before. Miss Barton seemed not to recall the incident. "Don't you remember?" the person asked. "No," said Miss Barton, "I distinctly remember forgetting that incident."

5. I want to remember that God has chosen me to be His son, His servant and His smiling face (grace) is always toward me. No matter what happens, it is always more than I deserve due to being His son, His servant and the object of His smile.

I love the old song by Dottie Rambo that says, "Roll back the curtains of memories, now and then; show me where you brought me from; and where I could have been; Lord, I'm human, and humans forget; so remind me, remind me, dear Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment