Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let the Bible Get Through You

Here is the morning thought from Nancy Leigh DeMoss. The reason I am posting this is last night at church I mentioned that God did not lead me to ask our church to go through "The Bible in One Year" but instead to concentrate on portions of God's Word. Even testimonies were given of God leading members to Exodus, Matthew and Titus. I encouraged our church to follow John MacArthur's advice of spending 30 days in one book or portion of a book and after those 30 days, you will know that book. In light of that, here is Nancy Leigh DeMoss's devotional thought:

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: The old-time evangelist Gipsy Smith said something important about the way we approach the Bible.

Gipsy Smith: What makes the difference is not how many times you have been through the Bible, but how many times the Bible has been through you.

Nancy: We can read all we want, but if God’s Word isn’t changing us, it’s not doing much good.

James makes the same point when he says, “Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”

The next time you read the Bible, be sure to think through how you need to respond. Here are some questions to help get your thinking going:

  • How does this truth apply to my situation?
  • What is a practical step I can take to apply this truth?
  • Do any changes need to be made in my life?

Don’t just go through the Bible; let the Bible get through you!

With Seeking Him, I'm Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

No comments:

Post a Comment