Sunday, February 7, 2010

Enjoyed worship at Meadowbrook today

I want to give a shout out to Pastor Randy Gunter and Meadowbrook Baptist Church (Gadsden, AL) where we worshiped this morning. Here are the things that spoke loudly to me:

Randy did a great job of communicating the Word. He is preaching verse-by-verse (which I love and admire) through Luke and he dealt with the authority of Jesus over demons in Luke 4. His message was thoroughly filled with Biblical content using at least 15 Scriptures. His application was strong and clear. You can see the notes here (scroll down to pages three through six).

We were warmly welcomed (and those who know me best know what I'm about to say) by people who came up to us after we were seated and shook hands with us. In the seven minutes before the service began at least five people shook hands with us even when we had gotten by the "greeters" at the front door. Oh, one of those who shook our hands was the pastor even though he did not really know me enough to recognize me and come to me due to a prior relationship. That was impressive he was out shaking hands before the service began.

The music was very upbeat and alive and I enjoyed it.

I could tell there is a strong emphasis on Bible study classes. One of the persons who came to us before the service gave us a brochure on all their classes, personally invited us to a class and handed us a guest card. This person also remembered our names later in the conversation. Randy spoke twice in his message about the class he visited during Sunday School and comments made by the teacher. He was exposing and endorsing the Bible study ministry.

The special parking was great (even though I don't park in "Guest Parking" so no one will "recognize" me and give special attention just because of where I park). I even saw reserved parking for "Special Needs." Awesome.
There are many good churches in Gadsden, but this was my first visit to Meadowbrook in a long, long time and I was blessed. I thoroughly enjoyed it. God bless your ministry Randy and church family. You don't need my endorsement because I can tell the hand of God is on the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment