Friday, May 31, 2024

This Lord's Day (June 2, 2024) at Rainsville First Baptist Church

The church's number one mission is to glorify God.  A believer's number one purpose is to glorify God.

"Everyone who is called by My name whom I have created for My glory..." Isaiah 43:7

"Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit,..." I Corinthians 6:20

"To Him be glory in the church..." Ephesians 3:21

Rainsville First Baptist Church has set as its mission "Glorifying God by Transforming Lives Through the Gospel and Discipleship."

We are taking five Sundays to explore this mission and renew our commitment to it.  Last Sunday I preached about "The God of Glory."

This Sunday I will look at the first statement in our purpose as a church - "Glorifying God."

As a church, everything we do is to glorify God.  The way we worship, why we worship, the priority of evangelism, the way we do evangelism, what we preach and teach, how we handle finances, who we care for one another and our community, ....there is NO PART of a church that is not to glorify God.  

I have often said, "What goes on in the back room is just as important as what happens on the platform."

Join us this Sunday (6-2-24) either in person or online (rfbc.sermon.net) at 10:15 at Rainsville First Baptist Church.  Sunday School begins at 9:00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment