Friday, September 2, 2016

From the Shepherd's Heart...Friday, September 2, 2016

First of all, let me say, "WOW." Wednesday night was great. We had a great crowd for the Kickoff of our Arrow Kid Clubs and there was so much enthusiasm.  I couldn't keep the smile off my face. Thank you Whitney Traylor for your leadership and to all the adults who are leading out in this new ministry.  It is going to be sooooo good.

The children will be in their new areas for Sunday School and worship this Sunday.  The new Children Center (that's what we are calling it) is the first floor of the Student Center.  The new children's worship area will be used, as well.

The new Student Center is not opening for the Students until Wednesday, September 14.

Open House for it all will still be Sunday, September 11.

This Sunday I am going one step further with the Parable of the Good Samaritan from Luke 10: 30-36 with the message "The Gospel Story Includes the Church."

I am grateful to the Lord for what He has shown me concerning "the inn" and how it relates to the church.

If you are in town this weekend, then be faithful in your church attendance this Sunday morning.  We won't be having Sunday night services so you will have time to be with family and friends.  By the way, "Whosoever Will" will be leading us in music this Sunday.

It looks like the Lord is pulling me away from Luke for the fall.  I will let you know for sure next week, but pray for me that I will know the exact will of God concerning the pulpit ministry for the fall.  Of course, He is not pulling me away from Luke without stirring in my heart a new direction.

This picture is one of my favorite of all times.  I have it in a large frame at my house and I recently found it online.

If you look close, there is a man in the door of the lighthouse with the waves beating all around.

I love lighthouses.  But I am most grateful God is able to protect you during the storms of life.

 I love you Rainsville First Family and count it an honor to be "your preacher."  See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment